Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Baby Accessories

I know I've said this before, but let me reiterate.  Pregnancy brain is no myth, my friends, no myth at all. 

At this point, a snail could keep up with things faster than me.  A goldfish, with an average attention span of 3 seconds, can grasp things faster than me.  It's getting really bad. 

A very nice lady was quizzing me the other day about baby accessories that I already had or might possibly still need. 

"Swing, bathtub, bouncer, car seat, playpen, high chair... I think we're about covered."  I told her this with such confidence

"What about a shower?" she quizzed me. 

"WHAT?!  We need a shower?  Why in the world do we need a baby bathtub then?  This is the first time I've heard about this!  Why isn't this in any of the 47 books I've read?  It's not in any of the blogs, it's not on pinterest, this is awful!"  In four words she managed to cut me to the quick.  I was instantly convinced that I was going to fail at motherhood because I didn't have one vital accessory. 

"Um, I meant a baby shower.  I think you'll be alright with just having a baby bathtub."

Please pray for me and my poor, poor brain.  We're only in first gear and still on overload. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.