Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sherlock Holmes Am I

Around here, folks ship a lot of cattle. 

Around here, lots of folks drink lots of beer.

The other morning as I was driving to work, I noticed driving down the blacktop road were three cattle trucks.  This is not so unusual.  What made me smile was the fact that there were three cattle trucks and following them was a Keystone light semi.  While this particular, um, flavor of beer is not for everyone, it is a favorite of our neighbor Billy. 

One by one I saw all of the cattle pots turn on their blinkers and the Keystone light semi sat behind them patiently, never attempting to go around the convoy. 

I called Wesley and asked if any of our neighbors were planning to ship cattle that morning. 

"Yeah, there's a whole crew over at Billy's place.  Why do you ask?"

No reason, Honey.  No reason. 




*Although I should take some sort of journalistic liberty and end the story there, for Billy's sake I must throw in the disclaimer that I did not, in fact, ever see the beer semi go to Bill's house.  Bummer for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.