Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Let's synchronize our watches...

Now that I have the J-O-B, I'm not there for the little girls as much as I used to be.  We don't get those long walk/runs every morning, and lots of our quality time in general has been compromised.  I'm a sucky pseudo dog parent.  Laurie really misses getting her toenails painted, but that's another story for another day...

Anyhoo, every morning I drive away with two little angelic faces waving goodbye and wishing me well for the day.  99% of my evenings I also pull into the drive to see two angelic faces eagerly waiting my arrival and asking how my day went. 

Earlier this week as I drove home at my usual time, I got a call from the in-laws, telling me that the girls had been at their place during the afternoon...... and that they were at their place (perhaps a few miles away) almost every afternoon.  Whoopsidaisies. 

I drove thataway to pick them up.  Pull into the drive, no girls.  No girls anywhere.  I called and called for them, all to no avail.  I had finally given up and started on my drive home, where lo-and-behold, two little girls were trotting down the road, frantically trying to make it back in time to undoubtedly meet me for their unwritten 5:45 curfew.  Whew. 

Same scenario.  I got home tonight a bit early after a few afternoon appointments.  I pulled into the drive and it looked like a ghost town.  No Walmart-esque greeters waiting for me eagerly.  Bummer. 

Lo and behold, at 5:45 I opened up the kitchen door into the shop and looked down to find two angelic faces staring back up at me. 

"Where have you been?" I asked the guilty parties, to which I received the smart-alecky reply, "What you talkin' bout, Willis?"

I keep trying to explain to Wesley that if we got the girls some sort of bluetooth/cellphone/intercom system at the house that I could call and let everyone know when I was going to get home.  Thus far I have been veto'ed by the boss man.  Stay tuned to see if we can get him outvoted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.