Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I am bilungual

Are you super impressed and jealous that I indeed know two languages?  One is English, the other is sarcasm.  Up until now I had wondered if it could be considered more of a dialect because technically its still the same English words that you are speaking.... But considering the events of last weekend I don't think that is the case any longer. 

I like to drive horses that pull wagons, buggies, plows, whatever.  I enjoy it very much and I have done this my entire life.  I would also like to think that just by looking at me, one might be able to tell that I have indeed driven more than one wagon, one time in my life. 

Last Friday night I was asked to drive a wagon during the grand entry of a local rodeo and haul the Rodeo committee's chairman and vice-chairman around.  No problemo.  Not only did I haul them around, I was in the arena a few more times hauling barrels for the barrel racing both in and out.  Again, no problemo. 

After the rodeo ended that evening, a local woman who I thought had a fairly good grasp on the fact that this was a normal occurrence for me, I enjoy outdoor activities, I am my father's only son, etc.,  asked, "Oh my, you did a good job with driving that big ol' horse!  How did you learn to do that?"

To which I replied, "Well, I watched a couple of videos on the internet this afternoon and it looked simple enough.  I'm glad it went alright!" 

Her very eager, very serious reply?  "Oooooh - I need to watch those too!"

I just waiting for that rumor to make it around town and finally get back to me.  That's me, master you-tube-video-watcher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.