Thursday, March 22, 2012

True Love

You know that point in your marriage when you've passed all points of formality and you finally just accept the other spouse for the crazy person that they really are, not just the "dah-ling" that you were dating?  Well, we passed that point in like week two of marriage, but every day I get the chance to experience new little things that make our marriage special. 

Case in point:

Its been raining here alllllllllllllllllll week.  Please don't take this as an outright complaint. I really am quite happy considering the horrible drought we experienced last year.  Rather, think of my malaise as something attributable to my unease with this unfamiliar climatological experience.  Anyhoo, we (Loopie, Laurie and I) have been spending an inordinate amount of time in the shop, making baby steps on various little projects that we have laying around. 

I was so proud of myself this morning for making significant progress on several projects.  "We" simply applied paint to several projects.  I always feel like paint makes you feel like you accomplished something BIG; rather than something big.  I was on top of the moon when Wesley came home for dinner today. 

Me: (bouncing up and down)  Wanna see what I did today in the shop?

Wesley: Um, yeah.

Me: (pointing to a specific pallet shelf that I built and painted a bright barn red, located on the North side of our building)  So, do you like it?!

Wesley:  (looking to the South)  Yeah, I think its great, Honey...

I gave him my most disparaging/disapproving look. 

Wesley:  I'm sorry, you've just hauled so much crap in here to work on, I just don't even pay attention anymore. 

So this is what we've come to... the ultimate level of honesty.  I thought we wouldn't reach this level until at least year 5.  I guess we're on the accelerated program...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.