Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fog and Spiderwebs

Who knew that fog and spiderwebs could provide so much entertainment?  It was another one of those mornings when I had a list of things to get done.... and then I looked out the window.  There was no way I couldn't run across the road and take some pictures.  Heaven help us if there is ever an emergency on one of these mornings. 

"Honey, make your own tourniquet and I'll be back in a half hour." 

"Well, maybe you should have thought of this sunrise BEFORE you poked your eye out.  It'll still be there when I get back I guess..."

"If you limped this far you can limp all the way to your grandma's and she can take you to the hospital."

Of course I don't ever WANT to live out these situations, but you get the idea of my priorities.  (And yes, I'm joking.) 

I wish I could really convey just how still it was this morning, the gentle roll of the fog across the water shed, the delicate dew drops on the spider webs.  It was lovely. 

Enjoy. 
Side note: If you click on the pictures they can appear much larger on your screen so you don't have to squint to see some of the webs.










3 comments:

  1. Wow- I love these photos. Maybe you could enter them in the fair next summer!

    Also, I really hope you used the zoom on your camera for the spiderweb shots, because as pretty as they are, the thought of being that close to one is just scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE foggy mornings ... I was working in my garden early one morning, head down pulling weeds .. when I eventually looked up, a fog had come down over the farm and it was SO quiet. I just stood there a few minutes taking it all in. Restores the soul ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I wish everyone could experience that sort of 'soul restoration' that we are fortunate enough to have out here!

      Delete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.