Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Trip from Hell

I'm trying to keep the language on this site fairly PG; however, there really are no other words for this trip.  Overall, I must admit that I am very glad that we went, but it was just the series of events that occurred on or around the trip that made it really...... "special".

Wednesday I came down with a cold/sinus infection that could knock over an elephant.  Made some phone calls and got a Rx that wouldn't be ready till Thursday morning.  Thursday I drive the 60 miles round trip to go pick up my meds, come home, and start packing.  I had 2 hours to pack and clean the house - no pressure.  (I absolutely cannot stand leaving a dirty house.  And its not like I had a lot left to do, just enough to drive me bonkers.)  My dear, sweet husband walked into the house and said we were going to leave early and stop by the salebarn on our way to the airport.  (Doesn't everyone have that problem when they're traveling?)  Because my ENTIRE schedule got pushed up by 1 1/2 hours I was running in full force, which in a sickly state is really more like 1/2 force. 

I forgot to pack:
1) Half of my husbands wardrobe.
2) My toiletry bag.  At which point every man in America asks what a toiletry bag is.  I apologize, appartently this is an antiquated word that fell out of fashion sometime in the mid '50's.  It is the bag in which a woman holds her lifeblood: makeup, toothbrush, hair products, and precious jewelry that she borrowed from her grandma-in-law.  That's right, I borrowed jewelry from Grandma Curry, packed it seperately from every other piece of jewelry so it would be really, really safe.... and then left it at home.  Well, at least it stayed really, really safe. 

On the flight north my eardrums popped and refused to return to their normal state for the next six hours, which resulted in me shouting "WHAT?" very often and rocking back and forth in my seat with my head in my hands, crying. 

But enough of the complaining.  We made an emergency run to the store to pick up neccessities and additional Kleenex and the rest of the weekend went wonderfully.  North Dakota is such a beautiful state - who knew?- and the wedding was gorgeous.  Catholic, so it was terribly long, but gorgeous.  I apologize.  Our wedding took a whopping 13 minutes (we timed it) and so now I feed obligated to hold everyone else to that same standard. 

But enough for today.  Stay tuned for part two of "The Curry's Go to North Dakota: The Trip Home".  Its great, trust me.  And not nearly as whiny as this post was.  Again, apologies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.