Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Community Service

Bear with me folks, I'm gonna get on my soap box. 

The older I get, the more I become a firm believer in the value of community service.  Find something that you already are passionate about, or find something to be passionate about.  Need a good example to look up to?


I give you Vic McClung, Patron Saint of Community Service. 

This man devoted his entire life to enriching the lives of others, and for that thousands of people owe him a huge debt of gratitude.  4-H, church, schoolboard and countless other activities made life a joy for everyone, including himself. 

I've tried follow his lead in the past year and branch out, expand my horizons, leave my comfort zone.... whatever you want to call it.  I can truly say that it is a very enjoyable experience, no matter what activity I'm engaging in. 

So there.  I'm off my soapbox.  Get off your bum and go make life more fullfilling for yourself and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.