Monday, August 22, 2011

Ego Alert

There are those in life that do their job willingly with quiet reverence.  Their greatest satisfaction is knowing that they have done a job well done and try their best to stay out of the limelight. 

That is not Laurie. 

Every moment is a photo opportunity, featuring her.  Trouble is, her personal papparrazi/camera man (myself) is usually laughing so hard I'm afraid I may pee my pants.  I'm working hard, trying to perfect my stalk as I sneak upon her to take a photo.  Usually, though, she hears my giggles and turns her head over one shoulder and gives me the stink-eye. 


Notice the protruding chest.  This is the most deflated you will ever see her chest get. 

Working cattle with her is the worst.  We try to alternate taking each girl every other day.  (We had both girls at the same time ONCE and I believe the threat of death or divorce was mentioned multiple times.) 

Loopie loves to work and then go lay in the shade, content to chew on a horn as her only reward.  Perhaps it is because Laurie is a few months younger, perhaps because she is the baby of the family.... sigh..... I don't know where to even begin.  I am very afraid, though, that she is going to tip over backwards someday soon because she struts so proudly while trotting behind the cattle as she pushes them up into the pens. 

In short: she's a big deal - just ask her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.