Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tomatoes

I have always helped my folks garden, so tomatoes are nothing new to me.  Bacon and tomato sandwiches are a staple of my summertime diet every year.  But this year, I get to call them MY tomatoes.  Yes, Grandma Curry told me where to plant them, when to plant them, how to stake them, when to water, when to weed, blah, blah, blah,.... but dangit - I'm still claiming them!  And her tomatoes on the other side of the garden still haven't ripened yet so nanny nanny boo boo.  (That's right, that's all I've got when trying to keep my posts G-rated.  Believe me, it kills me.)

Drumroll please....


My first pickins' worth.  They're not terribly big, but with the heat we've had this year I'm just glad to have any.  And the juice factor more than makes up for it. 

Hooray for the bright spot in this miserably oppressive heat wave!

P.S.- On a totally different note, Laurie has learned to blow bubbles underwater in the moat.  Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.