Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fuddy-duddy

I have come to the conclusion that Wesley and I are fuddy-duddies.  And yes, the fact that we use the word fuddy-duddy should probably have been our first hint. 

Don't get me wrong, we both cut a verrrrry wide swathe when we were younger.  And yes, if we ever have children that will grow up to read this post, I will have deleted that sentence.  These days, we enjoy the simple, boring things in life.  We rise early, I pre-make my coffee for the next day during the morning before as soon as I finish my pot, I crochet, garden and do wood working, and Wesley feeds cattle and builds fence for fun.  If we get really wild we load a trailer full of old metal junk from around our barns or out of our lots and pens on the weekends and take it to the scrap yard for extra money.  Two of the past three New Year's Eves, we were in bed by 10:30.  You get the picture...

However, the reality of our fuddy-duddiness really hit us in the face earlier this week.  We threw a 4th of July party this weekend, stayed up till 1am!!! and then worked on raking and baling hay most of the next few days.  Friends of ours called and invited us to supper a few days later and here was the scene:

Me: So..... wanna go out tonight?

Wes: Haven't we already done stuff one night this week?

Me: Technically, it was last week since our party was on Saturday night.

Wes: (blank stare)

Me: You're right, we should probably stay home and keep working. 

And thus our fate as old people for the rest of our lives was sealed. 

Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.