Monday, June 20, 2011

Real Housewives of Greenwood County

Has anyone else ever been captivated by the "Real Housewives of Orange County/New Jersey/Atlanta/New York/Beverly Hills" franchise?  I must admit, when I was in college I could not get enough of those shows.  For one, our cable was always free at our apartments and the Bravo channel was included.  It wasn't like I was shallow enough to actually PAY for that channel.  Psssh.  I'm much too cheap for that.  And two, it was fun to see how the 'other half' really lives.  My roommate from Minnesota when I was in grad school was a normal country kid like me and so our evenings at home would often include critiques and colorful commentary about these shows.

Some examples include:

"$500 dollars on groceries?!?!  Why doesn't she use coupons?  And all those heat-and-eat meals... sooo much cheaper if you make it from scratch"

"Her ring is so big it's not even practical.  Ditto on her boobs."

"Man, if I could just have one week with her kids I bet they wouldn't be acting like that anymore."

"I bet my dog could EAT her dog."

"Really?  An entire conversation with a friend and no one asked how much rain the other got?" 

I've tried to contact the Bravo TV network and pitch them my idea for the next installment of the franchise - "The Real Housewives of Greenwood County", but so far I've yet to hear a response back from them.  I could see how perhaps gardening, refinishing wood furniture and talking to your dogs all day isn't exactly Emmy-winning material, but I feel that there is an audience for every show.  I'll keep working on it and keep your ears open for news of a petition circulating to get the show produced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.