Friday, June 17, 2011

Jesus is my savior!!!

This past weekend Wesley and I went to Florida to look at cattle.  Our tour guide for the weekend was a nice, young man with a wonderful, southern family.  Even the two little kids had thick accents which prompted a lengthy discussion as to whom had the "weird accent" - me or the five year old girl.  (It was a draw.) 

Sunday afternoon, eight of our group decided to drive around the countryside and look at more cattle - children included.  We separated into two vehicles so the men could talk freely in one and I took off with the mother, Lucy, grandmother, Debbie, and two kids.  These kids were borderline Einsteins, incredibly articulate, the whole nine yards.  I know that I can be easily impressed, but when a two year old boy walks up to you with his hand outstretched for a handshake... it about blew my socks off!  However, even these kids proved to be human and have their limits with regards to boredom and fatigue...

We rode around in the vehicle looking at cattle all afternoon.  And I mean allllllll afternoon.  Even I was starting to lose a bit of interest, so understandably so were the children.  The older daughter started to get squirmish and then the small boy followed suit.  Lucy put in a Christian music cd to calm them down and divert their attention which lasted for all of five minutes.  Two year old Hunter decided that he wanted to listen to one cd and one cd only - "Jesus is my savior".  Everyone in the car searched high and low- behind car seats, under seats, in the papers on the dash - all to no avail.  By this point in the late afternoon the children were extremely hot, tired and cranky, and the adults weren't far behind. 

Baby Hunter's baby-sized pout quickly escalated into a full-blown fit of rage.  He was buckled into his car seat so the only movement he could really accomplish was flailing his chubby little arms and legs about as hard as he could while screaming in his southern voice "I WANNA HEAR JESUS IS MY SAVIOR!!!!!!!!!".  It actually sounded more like "IWANNAHEARJESUSISMYSAVIOR!!!!!"  Upon hearing this sweet, innocent, cherub faced angel scream like a banshee about Jesus I had to bury my face into the seat in front of me to attempt to muffle my laughter. 



I am just so glad to know that young children can be so incredibly passionate about their faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.