Friday, May 20, 2011

Peace Offering

Our little girls are very smart.  I'm not saying this just because they are mine, but they are verrrrry smart.  However, 'smart' and 'intelligent' do not always coincide. 

Example: Loopie knows the rules..... she just chooses not to always follow them.  She likes to drag things from our shop into the great outdoors and then watch me go on a scavenger hunt in our front yard.  A few weeks ago, one of these "episodes" happened.  I looked at the half-used sack of potting soil, looked at Loopie, and then looked back to the sack.  She got the idea that she was about to get in all sorts of trouble and took off like a flash.  I cleaned up the mess and went back into the house.  A few hours later I heard something hit our kitchen door that leads into the shop.  I opened the door to find a leg bone from some poor deceased calf laying on our doormat. 

When I say leg bone I don't mean from a newborn or six inches long or even clean.  No, this was one for the record books.  This monstrosity had taken considerable time and effort to drag the few hundred yards from the dead pile to our door.  It went clear from the hip to the hoof and still had a considerable amount of hair on it.  Five foot from the door mat was Loopie, laying on concrete floor, making sure I understood that it was from her. 

Peace offering #1

Example:
Loopie did not come when Wes called last night and as a result did not get to sleep in her comfy pen and doghouse with Laurie last night.  Well, at least the entire night.  She started to bark incessantly at the coyotes at about 2 this morning.  I finally could not take it anymore and proceeded to throw on my bathrobe and mudboots and wade across our rain soaked yard and put her in the pen.  She got the hint that I was less than thrilled with her. 

I let the girls out this morning, go about my morning routine in the house..... hear something hit the kitchen door.  I open the door and.....

Wait for it....



A petrified racoon skull. 

She gets extra points for originality and creativity, if nothing else.  How am I supposed to stay mad?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.