Wednesday, February 10, 2021

An Almost Wordless Wednesday

The warmest it has been lately has been 19 degrees.  It's been snowing off and on during this time as well.  We're not forecasted to get above freezing for another 10+ days.  Yuuuuuuck. 

Suffice it to say this is most definitely not a heat wave.  I remember several years ago - BC (before children) when we had another chilly spell.  Although the calves haven't busted through the fence (yet) like they did so many years ago I'm not sure this 'heat wave' is any more enjoyable.  I'm not a fan of cold wind.  Or just wind in general.  I DEFINITELY don't live in the correct area then, obviously.  

The kids don't mind the cold quite as much because there is SNOW! and you can toughen up when there are fun things like SNOW! around.  

I stalked them with my camera as I walked to the barn to do chores yesterday and I'm so glad I did.  They spent so long outside and were absolute popsicles but grinning ear to ear when they finally came in. 

Or maybe their faces were just frozen that way.  Eh.  


 





Do you see the boys down in the pen at the bottom center of this picture?  They were checking the horse water trough to make sure it was open. I love the sense of responsibility they have for their animals. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.