Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Rules

I guess I should preface this blog post by stating that I think my children are decently behaved when we are in town settings.  It's when we are at home and running wild that all these opportunities for mischievous deeds present themselves.  I never knew I was going to need to make so many rules, yet here we are...

  • Don't body slam your sister, she's only one year old.
  • Don't body slam your brothers, I just had a talk with them. 
  • That's called a headlock and it's not nice. Please let go of your sibling. 
  • When it is less than 40 degrees outside you may not 'help' your brother take an outside shower with water from the rain barrel. 

And then there are some rules with more than one focal point to them.  (These are reallllly difficult to follow.) 

  • First, please don't climb on top of the cake feeder on your dad's pickup.  Second, if you're up there you sure as hell don't get down by jumping onto the top of his cab, his hood, his grill guard and then the ground.  Sigh.

My personal favorite, thus far:

  • No, you may NOT rope a dead critter and hang it over the fence.  That is NOT actually a piñata, contrary to your interpretation of my now least-favorite PBS show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.