Monday, October 29, 2018

The Good Stuff

It's been a week, a month, a year.  I could think we've had it bad, but it could always be worse.  We try to keep that in mind.  Things could always be worse. 

Therefore, let's focus on the good stuff that we've experienced this week. 

Sunday morning Wesley asked us to help him work cattle after church.  I woke up early to pack everyone baloney sandwiches.  When the kids woke up I gave everyone baths, the kids and I went to church and then drove back to the chute where we had a picnic lunch and then processed calves.  As long as I kept the tub loaded, the boys could push them up the alleyway while Wesley and I gave shots, wormed, implanted, dehorned, banded, branded and tagged them all.  We got done processing in time to get the littles to bed at naptime and then I could run the BVD snap tests on all the calves while they slept.  I love days like that.  Days where we are scheduled to within an inch of our lives and everything runs smoothly. 






Another day the men weaned calves and we brought lunch to them.  Sure, one kid hit her head on a rock and one almost got taken out by a VERY maternal cow, but we had a great time. 





And then there was the afternoon we decorated pumpkins...


And we can't forget about the day with friends when we carved pumpkins, rode power wheels down steep hills and ate chili over a campfire.  






I got a nice note from a friend at church yesterday that made me tear up with her sweet words.  Words that not only made me tear up but inspired me to be more.  

So when bad days happen I feel that I'm able to take them all in stride.  When one of the kids breaks a bone I'm better able to load up the one year old on my right hip, the three year old on my left hip and march on ahead.  (Literally.  All the way to our car so I could drive like mad to the emergency room.)  




I'm getting better at finding the good stuff and clinging like hell to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.