Monday, June 12, 2017

A New Adventure

I wanted to start this post with some sort of deep, meaningful quote regarding life, comfort zones and curveballs; but everything was much too deep and serious for this post.  I just needed some sort of cute meme that stated: And then I had a baby girl said holy cow.  But alas, Pinterest failed me.  

Never overestimate the brain power of sleep deprived mama. 
So, long story short, we had a baby recently and it was not of a gender that were were so accustomed to.  After having two boys I now find myself browsing Pinterest during the wee hours of the night for 'little girl hairstyles' and the like.  

I'll admit, for the first few minutes after meeting baby Kathryn I wasn't sure quite what to think about the situation.  And then I saw my husband cuddle with her and I decided maybe God did know exactly what we needed all along.  Funny how that happens all the time (the God knowing thing) and yet I still find myself amazed.


Auntie snuggles


No good can come of these two when they look like this.

Kathryn has already had her first 'slumber party' with her much older cousin, Madeline, who is a whopping 20 days older.

All of our children have very intense, deep blue eyes when they are little.
I hope hers stay that way. 

We've already logged several miles in the stroller while attempting to chase her brothers.  I have a feeling that she and I will be doing this quite a lot in the future.

...And snap tests.  I got to have a lovely eight day maternity leave before the neighbor called and asked me to run some snap tests for him.  Sigh...

Shipping calves one morning

Kathryn never lacks for attention.  We had to implement a rule that hats must be taken off or turned around before sticking your head into her carseat for a kiss.
Kenyon loves to turn his hat backwards and then state, "Look, Mom.  I look like a thug!"


See?  I wasn't lying.  These boys are constantly on the go.  I've always wanted to purchase a step tracker such as a FitBit.  I'm curious to see how much ground we cover in a day.
This is one of my favorite pictures of all time.  My mother came to spend several days with us.  By the time you have your third baby, it's not that she comes clean or do laundry for a sleep deprived mom, it's that I needed her to snuggle babies so I could go sit on the lawn mower by myself for a few hours.  Funny how priorities change with each subsequent birth.
Although not a slumber party this time, Kathryn was able to meet her newest other cousin who is oh-so-much younger... by a whopping six days. Someday I'm sure that will be very important to them, this crucial six day difference.  For Kathryn in their younger days and Asher as they age!

Stylin' and profilin'

Our trusty steed for the turtle races at the town festival this past weekend.

A little pep talk between heats from Dad.  Kenyon's turtle came in second and John's was third.
Both boys were happy with their results.  Both turtles were relieved when we released them at a pond in the hay field this morning. 
John loved riding the mechanical bull VERY SLOWLY.  


Kenyon would have ridden all night long if we had allowed him.  He had an absolute blast. 

All this blogging is making me tired.  If only I looked so sweet and peaceful while dreaming.  Just add 30 years, three kids, a messy ponytail on the top of my head and drool running out the corner of my mouth and we're almost twins.
Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.