Monday, February 16, 2015

A List


  • Wesley needed new shoelaces for his work boots and I needed to run several errands at the courthouse, so Kenyon and I drove the 30 miles to town across snow covered roads.  Turns out, today is President's Day and nearly everything but the Dollar Store was closed.  I ended up driving 60 miles round trip for $4.32 worth of shoelaces.  Note to self: stay at home moms must check the calendar at least once a month in case there are national holidays looming.  My bad.  
  • Kenyon found my high school diploma in a low lying bookshelf and has decided it is the coolest 'toy' on the face of the earth.  It is a leather-type folder that is embossed on the front and opens up to show a lovely sketch of my former high school.  He sits quietly on the couch and traces his fingers back and forth over the letters, whispering to himself.  
  • We got an inch of snow last night and the wind chill is in the single digits.  Wesley decided to drive to a neighbor's place and look at their bulls before their annual sale in a few weeks.  Times like today I am terribly torn.  I would love to be walking through pens and lots with him, doing some serious damage 'shopping', but at the same time it's not so bad being stuck in a nice, warm house and getting to play with Kenyon.  
  • Although it was not intentional, I made supper three nights in a row and each of the main dishes included chicken.  (Don't hate me, it was way on sale a few months ago at the grocery store.)  Wesley politely informed me that we had hit our quota on chicken for the rest of the month.  It needed to be beef from here on out.  My husband is a manly man, and little things like that are my constant affirmation of this fact.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.