Sunday, November 16, 2014

Miscellaneous


  • This morning at church a lady over 60 asked a girl under 30 to make a jello salad for a funeral dinner this week.  I (the girl under 30) was at a complete loss but I politely nodded yes.  Any and all recipes for jello salads not involving marshmallows or mandarin oranges would be greatly appreciated.  I did not realize anyone still made these.  
  • Kenyon's room is coming along nicely, and once we move furniture up there be ready for a barrage of before and after pictures I've been sitting on for just this occasion.  I am giddy with excitement for this child to have a proper room.  
  • We had a bit of a cold front move through late last week.  In the space of mere hours we went from 76 degrees to 33 degrees.  Seriously.  Kenyon has started wearing clothes on a daily basis.  Pray for him.  
  • With all this cold weather comes pictures like this:


And this:

 And this.  I love the little snowflakes on his stocking cap and coat.
 The cattle don't need any coaxing to line up at the bunk on a morning like this.
This is the view out our front door.  I love it that Kenyon is 30 feet from cattle and can look at them all day, every day.  

..... And a belated Halloween picture, because I'm a terribly apathetic mother.  I got super creative this year and Kenyon went as an indian.  I sewed three feathers in one of my headbands and threw a wool blanket around him.  He was warm, it was simple, everyone was happy.  And no, we weren't trying to be culturally insensitive by dressing our son as an indian.  I think it is an interesting culture.  Please feel free to dress your child as a farmer or rancher next year and I'll be flattered you thought of us.  

2 comments:

  1. I like Paula Deen's Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe, although I have no idea where the "salad" part of it comes in, as it's really a dessert that just happens to have jell-o in it.

    That's one of the best Halloween costumes I've seen in a long time. It's possible it could be the cuteness of the boy in it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU! (With hands thrown in the air) I have always wondered if I was the only one that did not consider them to be 'real' salads.

    ReplyDelete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.