Friday, May 30, 2014

A List of Sorts

I couldn't quite think of one thing to write about today, and I couldn't get any photos to upload in a timely manner, so you'll have to settle for fleeting thoughts.  (Fleeting Thought Friday, if you will.  I think I may make a habit out of this.)


  • Kenyon likes to stand for increasing periods of time, and likes to attempt to stand without support.  No walls, chairs, dogs, Mom's legs, etc.  The kid is growing too quickly.  
  • My garden looks nice.  We got 3+ inches of rain last weekend so the weeds are growing as fast as I can pull them, but it is a nice problem to have.  I picked one strawberry so far.  Two more ripened and the bugs got to them before I found them down in the mulch.  (This is really riveting stuff, right?  I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat.)  
  • Yesterday I painted all the corner posts in the fence that goes around our house.  That was the most sun my legs have seen in years and now I have a lovely sunburn on them.  
  • I have been attempting to do quite a bit of landscaping around our place and now folks say things like, "Oh, now I get it."  Previously I heard much more "What the hell are you doing with piles of manure all over your yard?"  Baby steps, folks.  Every year this yard looks a little bit better.  In 20 years this place will look ka-lassy, believe you me.  
Enough about us.  Time to go weed in the garden a bit more before nap time ends.  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.