Thursday, March 13, 2014

Never rock your baby to sleep

"Never rock your baby to sleep."

I can't tell you how many times I've been told that.  I try pretty hard to listen to that advice, but from time to time, you just have to tell the experts to shove it.

Kenyon has been fussy lately, running a bit of a temperature and trying to teethe.  On nights like these, I disregard all the 'rules' and snuggle with my baby.

I absolutely love rocking him to sleep.  He's the best cuddler in the world, hands down.  He has to be.  There is no one in the world that can be more snuggle-ish than my son.  I hope that I never forget these quiet moments and the way his face burrows into the crook of my arm and he plants his left hand firmly on my chest, telling me not to move from my current post.  I simply can't soak in moments like that enough. 

Sometimes you just have to disregard the experts and take the time to rock your baby to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.