Saturday, March 1, 2014

The day I tried to throw our child

Alternate titles for this post include:
  • Why we now hold hands while nursing
  • I'm glad our child is too heavy to throw (far)
  • I hate snakes
We have a routine in the mornings.  I get ready for my day and then wake Kenyon.  He gets a diaper change, wardrobe change, and then we sit in the rocking chair where he nurses and I watch the Today Show.  (Miss you, Ann Curry!  Side note: I always wanted to go to New York and hold up a sign on the Plaza that said "Anna Curry came to meet Ann Curry."  But I digress.)

Last week we were finishing up our morning routine (ie, nursing).  One of the opening news stories that day was about some deadly poisonous snake in Australia that fell onto a car's windshield.  The driver turned on his windshield wipers to try and 'sweep' the snake off his vehicle, and the passenger whipped out his cell phone to take video of the escapade.  (Do folks just walk around with their phones on the 'video' setting nowadays?  I can never record something that quickly.)

Let it be known that I am deathly afraid of snakes.  They are the devil in the Bible for a reason, folks.

So I was already on high alert while watching this segment.  Suddenly, I felt something small and cold start to 'slither' across my chest.  I then did what any reasonable person would do - I screamed like a banshee and tried to throw the deadly poisonous snake that had obviously just snuck into my house across the room.

I looked down just in time to see that it was my son's hand that had 'slithered' across my chest.  I jerked my hands that were holding him back down so he didn't complete his sail across the room.  His eyes were huge.  After hearing my scream, he screamed (we all screamed for ice cream!) and started to cry.  I screamed again for good measure and started to cry along with him.

Since then, we hold hands like a loving mother and child while he nurses.  I also don't watch shows that involve snakes. 

The End.

1 comment:

  1. What a great laugh!!! Glad to hear everyone involved is safe :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.