Monday, February 17, 2014

Wasted advertising dollars

I subscribe to a certain handyman magazine.  Actually, I wasn't going to say it, but it really is Handyman Magazine.  Turns out I couldn't come up with some clever alternate title to avoid copyright laws that I'm probably infringing upon somehow.  And second truth, I didn't subscribe to this magazine, it is something that my folks give me every year as a Christmas present.  Whew.  Glad I got all that off my chest.

I love my magazine, but I wish that the editors would realize that not all of their faithful readers are 55+ year old white males with receding hairlines and prostate problems.  (Or the worst: E.D.  We won't even go there.) 

Can't they throw in a nice shampoo ad?  What about a little foundation or concealer advertisement?  Perfume?

Eh, who am I kidding.  Due to my hoarding and couponing addictions we have enough shampoo and conditioner in our house to last well into 2015.  I wish I was kidding.  Actually, I love it.  Wesley wishes I was kidding. 

So perhaps this will turn into an experiment of sorts.  Does the power of advertising really work?  Let's check back in another 6 months and see if I have filled our storage shelves with bottles of Rogaine and a digital-analog hybrid watch so I can "Tell Time Like a Man."  Seriously, word for word what the advertisement said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.