Monday, January 6, 2014

What's the phone number for that show?

I think I'm going to apply to be on that show, Hoarders.  Actually, I think that once upon a time I printed out the application, but now I just can't seem to find it.  Perhaps I misplaced it somewhere in my normally spotless house.  I'm guessing every applicant for that show has said something very similar.

I like to collect things sometimes.  Hoard, if you will.  One thing that I like to collect, apparently, are cardboard boxes. 

And why, might you ask?  Well, if I were still a seven year old girl, I would answer 'Barbie furniture' but seeing as how that ship has sailed I will reply with something much more boring, although every bit as practical.  Gift boxes.

Apparently, every single time I receive anything and it comes packaged in a cardboard box, I feel it is my duty, no, my OBLIGATION, to store that box until such time when I am wrapping a gift and won't be able to rest until I have found the absolutely perfect sized box to put it in.

How many times did I encounter that particular situation this year?

None.

I would rather place a gift in a gift bag (of which I also have hundreds, but that's another story for another episode of Hoarders).

I finally tackled the cardboard mountain yesterday during K's nap time and found out that we actually have a ton of space in the shelf at the top of our closet.  Who knew?  Besides my know-it-all husband. 

Please pray that this cold spell breaks soon and we can get out of the house and restore our sanity again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.