Saturday, January 18, 2014

Flower Bed

Hubs let me borrow his skid steer/bobcat this afternoon and have a little outdoor therapy.  I moved rocks (not rocks, folks, but ROCKS) and a little bit of dirt.  I finally had to turn off the machine and take a bit of time to strategize my next move.  He came out of the house to find me pacing back and forth, staring at a corner of our yard. 

"Whatcha doing?" he asked.

"Well, I think I'd like to put a flower bed in right here, but there have to be certain provisions."

"Like what?"

"In order to have a flower bed in this corner of the yard, I'm going to need plants that are pretty hardy.  The wind blows pretty hard here.  And they have to be draught tolerant.  I don't want to haul water this far."

"Yep, that would suck for you."  (Notice he didn't offer to help.)

 "And I'd have to create a design where I'd be okay with constantly having cow tracks run through it.... and horse tracks..... and have the dogs and armadillos dig holes..."

"Let me know what you come up with."  (Notice again that he didn't to help out with anything...)




Suggestions, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.