Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fashion Sense

If you will remember back to one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I am very much like my mother in the fact that we cannot do "cutesy".  Trendy is not really in our vocabulary, either.  If I do try to copy a trend, its usually 6 months after it goes out of style.  (But why not?  Its on sale then!) 

Last week I went to the elementary school to sub for a friend who works there.  I decided to dress especially nice for the occasion (like wear makeup AND earrings) and also try out a new belt I'd gotten just a few weeks before.  It was a concho belt, the kind that other people have been wearing over their tops and jeans for about a decade and I just now am attempting to copy. 

I walked into the school feeling especially good and I had a little extra pep in my step. 

By lunchtime I had three different kids ask me in very gentle, polite voices if I knew that I had accidentally forgotten to put my belt through the loops. 

I give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.