Tuesday, March 30, 2021

One Dog, Two Dogs, No Dogs

There's some old saying about having dogs and that if you have one dog, you might have a dog, but if you have two dogs you have no dogs at all.  The gist of it being that two dogs lose all ability to think rationally and instead run away and play.  

And kids.  The same is true with kids.  

This afternoon I found them at the bottom of a hill in a corner of a field playing in these old tires that were previously used to feed silage to cattle in. 

I'm sure she thinks I was joking, but I recently asked a neighbor if I could borrow the GPS collars her husband uses with their coon dogs.  I could fashion them into a neat super-hero type belt and the kids would think they were so cool and never take them off.  Problem solved, right?  

This is a much better suggestion than my husband's.  "Well, I sure hope you don't run over one of the kids' legs so they start staying home."  In my defense, it was an accident, it was ONE TIME and Laurie still looks majestic even with three legs.  


So now I utilize all sorts of master hunter/trapper skills to find my kids each day.  I look for the dogs, as usually they are babysitting the kids.  I watch the cattle as often they are looking at the kids wondering who turned these monkeys loose and why are they swinging from the top of a trailer.  Today I found them because even though I couldn't see them the wind was out of the right direction and I could hear them talking to each other as they crawled around in the spacious old tractor tires.  

I've had Loopie longer than I've had a husband.  When she goes to heaven someday I'm going to need to visit the looney bin for quite a while.  She's pretty wonderful. 

Long story short, if you see one of my feral kiddos running loose, please wipe off their dirty faces, help Kathryn fix her windblown ponytail and send them back home.  Thanks in advance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.