Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Good, Clean (?) Fun

The longer we participate in this 'parenting' gig, the more we realize that we are in the minority when it comes to raising children.  They don't have tablets, ipads, ipod, iwhatevers to keep them busy.  We do, however, have dirt, and sticks, and rocks, and mud!  And occasionally snow.  We've thoroughly enjoyed snow the few times we've seen it this year. 

Although we don't seem to accomplish much, we sure do seem to stay busy. 



Soooooo cold! 


Don't worry, the chute wasn't even turned on.


I suggested he wash his face.
He was thoroughly offended.

On nice days we like to sneak away to the barn and have little beauty brushing sessions.

It is becoming painfully obvious that 75% of my photos include the back of the kids' heads.  
They are busy! 

I built the swing set this spring and the kids have thoroughly enjoyed it the past nine months.

And yoga.  The kids are obsessed with yoga.



I wish I was better at braiding.  Apparently I need to take lessons from my younger sister, who did this work.  
I'd just be happy if I could get Kathryn to set still for 30 seconds for me to make a proper ponytail! 

The perfect chore for two year olds?  Picking up ear tags laying all around the chute.

I am thankful that my child loves school and has sweet friends. 

I don't get to spend as much time in the feed pickup these days, but I sure do enjoy it when I actually get to. 

He just enjoys being bounced to sleep when he rides in the feed pickup. 

If you don't know how to play pool before kindergarten then you really haven't lived, have you? 

This is us living large.  At bedtime the other night they read a book, said their prayers and then Dad showed them a photo on his phone of a combine that we'll never be able to afford.  Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.