Sunday, September 1, 2019

A Royally Unique Experience

My husband and I don't get away often.  Lack of time, lack of funds, lack of babysitters and too many responsibilities at home usually get in the way.  Adulting is tough, am I right?  

But last week one afternoon the stars aligned and we were able to drive to Kansas City for an afternoon of meetings and then attend a Kansas City Royals baseball game.  The company that hosted us rented out one of the two 'dugout suites' for the evening so we were fortunate to watch the game from a rather unique perspective.  

It almost made me wish I were a professional baseball fan.  Almost.... I'm sorry, I realize I may be in the minority, but I find it difficult to spend time, energy or money supporting a recreational industry where some of the participants are paid millions.  It's just not my jam.  (But if a drug company invites us and also provides free food and drinks I'm totally fine with being a fair weather fan.)

I was blown away by the enormity of the property.  There were so many extra amenities I did not expect, like the mini golf, carousel, restaurant after restaurant, fountains, statues... the list goes on and on.  You are most definitely provided with opportunities to have an 'experience' versus just a ball game, and that surprised both of us.  

My one regret is not asking the Fox Sports sidelines analyst if I could hold his microphone once he finished his broadcast.  After all, we did get to set right next to his filming area.  If we ever get the chance to do something like this again you can count on a photo of me holding his mic and  'broadcasting'.  That's right, folks.  These are some of my bucket list items.  I keep my list short and expectations low to ward off inevitable disappointment! 





The man in the center is apparently a badass according to a friend I was sitting with.
Good job, Mr. Badass.  Go get 'em. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.