Tuesday, June 12, 2018

If I Had A Nickel... (Symphony in the Flint Hills)

If I had a nickel for every hour I spent around a covered wagon in my life, I'd have a lot of dang nickels.



If I had a nickel for every hour I spent around 'second dads' like him, I'd have a lot of dang nickels. 



If I had a nickel for every time I helped hitch a team growing up... 


...Every time I saw them make this familiar circle and back up to the front of the wagon...







If I had a nickel for every hour I got to shoot the breeze with our Amish friends....



...Or hear these two shoot the breeze...


If I had a nickel for every time I considered sticking my head in right next to my horse and getting a big drink of cool water also...


If I had a nickel for every time I ended a day by following a covered wagon off into the sunset... I'd have a rich life indeed.  This life may not fill the piggy bank but it fills the soul. 




 For more information regarding Symphony in the Flint Hills, click here.  Also, you can click on any of the photos in this post to enlarge.  (I highly recommend enlarging the first photo of the wagons as it is a panoramic shot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.