Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Life Lately

Here's a quick and dirty rundown of life lately down our little dirt road. 

We (I) am trying to help Kenyon hone his fine motor skills and learn to cut along straight lines.  What better way to practice than by cutting out coupons for your mama?  Answer: There is no better way.  He cut out LOTS of coupons for me, regardless of my need.  I almost feel obligated to purchase two bottles of Miralax at this point just to use the 75 cent coupon he cut out for me.  What a sweet boy. 


Some afternoons, naptime is great for the mama.  Some afternoons, naptime goes more like this:


...and the mama accomplishes nothing.

Is this Halloween or just a nice, dress up occasion like church or a wedding?  I'll let you decide. 


I think the chinks and spurs gave it away.  It was our feeble attempt at Halloween.  I'm not particularly fond of the holiday and thus put minimal effort into it. The clothes really are some of the boys' nice church clothes and the chinks and spurs were mine from my youth.  Made me tear up seeing Kenyon wear them. 

I dreamed this 'Flapper Girl' outfit up about an hour before we walked out the door to trick-or-treat at three sets of grandparents' houses.  She was also wearing Mary Jane shoes.  Regardless of this dumb holiday, the kids looked sharp. 


If the weather is even close to decent, you'll find the boys down at the horse pen, hanging out with their friend, Honey.  If I had a nickle for every hour I did this during my childhood, I'd be rich.  I love seeing Kenyon and John instinctively do some of these very same things.  I wish every kiddo could spend some time just sitting on a fence, talking to their best friend.  


Again, this little girl and her 'nap time'.  She was such a perfect baby, but now that's she's getting some personality to her, I just don't know about this one.  Too late to send her back and it's a bit too early in the day to start drinking...


Our little, local library has a story hour every week.  This is my favorite craft to date - a bat.  We read a story that talked about swallowing a bat.  

There was an old lady that swallowed a bat.  
I don't know why she swallowed a bat.  
Imagine that!

Later, I asked Kenyon about the little old lady that swallowed a bat.  Why do you think she did that?  His response: "I dunno.  I think she needed to go grocery shopping or something because she didn't have enough food to eat." 

I love that he is so practical and has some critical thinking skills established.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.