Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Learn By Doing

One of my favorite bible verses is found in Proverbs.  

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. 
Proverbs 22:6

I realize this verse probably pertains more to shaping a child's moral fiber than shipping cattle, but I also feel that the two are not mutually exclusive either.  We are trying to immerse our children in our lifestyle as much as possible.  First, because we have no choice.  The cattle and crops are all around us and you can't help but become all consumed by it.  Secondly, we do feel that several great life lessons can be accidentally taught because the kids are soaking everything in.  

The high yesterday was near 100 with very high humidity and very little wind that morning.  I insisted that Kenyon wear shorts for comfort.  He insisted he wear boots for working.  We are working together to learn the art of compromise. 




Kenyon instantly noticed the white truck.  
"Hey, Mom, look at those stacks!"


I love these four little kiddos.  I have a feeling they will be thick as thieves for quite a while.  It is fun to hear their conversations about cows and pigs and all things dirt related, as it is all any of them know. 


My heart nearly bursts every time I look at this photo.  Every morning and night my husband will sit at the table and finish up some paperwork.  He makes out a list of tasks for the next day, a feed route, bills to pay or something similar.  I didn't realize how much Kenyon noticed that.  He stopped in the middle of his lunch the other day and crawled into his dad's chair.  "Mom, I'm gonna help out my dad and do some paperwork for him."  I still have that paperwork and probably always will. 




Of all the toys in the world, they love to run back and forth on the hay trailer. 



The longest ten minutes of any kiddo's life are those agonizing moments when you can see the tractor and baler on the other side of the field and you have to wait for the ride to come to you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.