Thursday, February 9, 2017

From the Mouth of Babes

Mr. Kenyon is three and has reached an incredibly fun age (when he isn't making me want to pull my hair out or drink heavily).  He manages to say something quotable nearly every single day.  I wish I was better at writing more of them down.

While Feeding
We took drive around the silo the other evening and allowed Kenyon to explain to his dad and I what all the different components are that he and his Grandpa feed with nearly every day.  "That's the ground corn, that's the ground hay, there's the distillers, that's the silage..."  He waved his arms around in a grand fashion as he proudly explained the contents of 'his territory'.  I asked him what was stored in the poly bin at the edge of the silo (and for the record I KNEW WHAT WAS IN THERE).

Kenyon sighed and slapped one hand on his forehead because he was obviously surrounded by idiots.
"Mommmmmm, that is the mineral!"

At Nap Time
Mom: Okay, you'll lay down and go right to sleep?

Kenyon: Yes.  I'll lay right down and go to sleep.

I walked out of his bedroom and softly closed the door.

"I TOLD THE WITCH DOCTOR I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU
BAH BAH BAH BAH
AND THEN THAT WITCH DOCTOR HE TOLD ME WHAT TO DO
BAH BAH BAH BAH
HE SAID:
OOH EEE OOH AAH AAH
TING TANG WALLAH WALLAH BING BANG"

Conserving Energy
"Mama, if I see that light on in that utility room one more time, there had better be someone in there.  You are wearing me out!"

I hear the phrase, "Mama, you are wearing me out" multiple times a day.

P.S.- I feel as bad about wearing him out as he does about wearing his mama out.

At Supper Time
(This one is my personal favorite thus far.)

We all sat down for supper the other night and Kenyon asked for a cup of water.

"But I don't want any whiskey in mine, please."

Noted, child.  No whiskey for the three year old.  Got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.