Monday, October 10, 2016

Have Smiles, Will Travel

The boys and I traveled to see my family this weekend for some much needed snuggles and good food.  I'm always slightly embarrassed, slightly proud when I see the boys eat my mom's food so well.  Yes, they do try to eat her out of house and home, but it's not all their fault.  She cooks REALLY well.  


In the event you do not have a proper teething ring available, just throw a stick of celery at this kid.
He enjoys it just as much.
Mom's mums are enormous and gorgeous.  These were knee-high on me, to help you put it in perspective.
 Yes, I see cattle every day.  Yes, we live in the middle of beautiful grass country.  Yes, I drove hours away so I could see the exact same things with my dad.


Now that John is one year old it was high time he had a proper hair cut.  My Aunt Chelle did the honors in her beauty shop.  It warmed my heart to see John wear the same little cape that I wore countless times when she trimmed my hair growing up. 


Before: little baby
After: big man
The boys read lots and lots of books with their Great Grandma S, and Kenyon was kind enough to sing her the ABC's as well.  She's a great audience and fawns over their accomplishments like a dutiful, well seasoned great grandparent should. 



Books, books and more books.  Kenyon has memorized so many of his grandma's that he reads to her these days.
I love John's laugh when he's with them.  He was such a ham all weekend.

His mustache may be a different color than Dad's but it feels the same.
Grandad had a coconut cream pie for his birthday.  We used to say that everyone in the family (besides Grandad) hated coconut cream pie.  That is now amended to say everyone (besides Grandad and Kenyon) hates coconut cream pie.
YUCK. 

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading the blog post this morning! I want to know what Kate's secret is to grow such beautiful mums! Miss you, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too, Amanda! Mom trims her mums the first of May, June and July to help stimulate growth. I think that is one of the best things. Those suckers were absolute MONSTERS! I wish I could get mine that large as well!

      Delete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.