Wednesday, September 7, 2016

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday

I've seen other bloggers participate in 'Wordless Wednesday' and post adorable pictures of their kiddos, sans any sort of accompanying caption.  I tried that.  I really did, but I'm afraid the conclusions that folks might come to if I don't provide just a wee bit of details as to our actual happenings. 

How do you keep a kiddo contained at the grocery store?  You make him drive the cart.  We play 'Red Light, Green Light' and he is the best helper for me.
(For the uninformed masses, 'Red Light, Green Light' is the equivalent of saying 'Stop, Go'.  It's not rocket science.)

I pick the tomatoes, he unloads the tomatoes.
Are you gathering that he does not have a life of luxury?  Kiddo has lots of chores.
A little responsibility never killed anyone.  (Believe me, my parents tried.)

All the rains we've had lately have made for some good cloud watching.  Because we are simple like that.  Don't judge, you're the one reading this blog.


Kenyon and I pick the tomatoes, John eats the tomatoes.
Seriously, I just dice them, throw them on the tray and get out of his way.

Sometimes, just sometimes, if he likes you enough, John will share his food.
I rarely make the cut, but his Auntie Lala does.

After a weekend with the grandparents.
You could have performed surgery on this kid and he never would have moved.
That's how comatose he was from playing so hard. 

I love watching these two play together.  They truly are best friends.
It's become very entertaining to watch them.

If this smile doesn't make your day better, nothing will.

Outdoor movie night with friends.
Kenyon's mom just moved a few (hundred) more pegs down the 'cool parent' ladder. 

Kenyon has become my apprentice for a small shelving project that we are working on.
Just like I slowed down my friend, Larry, Kenyon is making this project infinitely longer than necessary.  I hope it helps him develop a love of woodworking just like mine though.  Hats off to Larry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.