Sunday, March 13, 2016

And Just Like That, We Became Chicken Farmers

My husband can be rather impetuous; I am not.  Most definitely not.  I like to discuss things with my spouse; my husband does not.  (We get along so well because we're like yin and yang.)  

So.... yesterday we were in the farm and ranch store together when Wesley said, "Let's get chickens."

My wheels immediately started turning and the questions came flowing out.  Our conversation went kind of like this:

Me: Blah, blah, blah, PLAN, blah, blah, RESEARCH, blah blah, BREED, blah, blah, EGGS OR MEAT, blah, blah, CHICKEN HOUSE, blah, blah, LOCATION, blah, blah, HOW MANY, blah, blah, blah. 

Husband: Woman, we're getting chickens. 

So now we're chicken farmers.  

Kenyon enjoys them immensely.  He is a big helper with feeding and watering and puffs his chest out when he tells folks about his newest adventure.  Wesley has never raised them and it's been more than 20 years since I had chickens, so we'll all have some major learning curves.  Fingers crossed!

Our pride and joy.  All five of them.
Why, yes, that is our son leaving the store in a chicken coop.  Nothing unusual to see here, folks.
The chicks are home and under heat lamps.
Please don't be alarmed when Kenyon tells you they are 'on fire'.



The look of contentment and anticipation all at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I love that last picture of Kenyon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.