Thursday, October 22, 2015

Just Practicing

I apologize for the low quality picture.  I was in a mad rush to grab my camera phone
without him noticing and before he was done praying. 

A few days ago the boys and I had all just gotten up from our naps and were sitting together in the living room.  I was nursing John and Kenyon was sitting at my feet.  

I noticed that Kenyon put his hands together and started to whisper his prayer.  I am a big fan of repetition for toddlers and therefore we pray the exact same prayer every day, twice a day - naptime and bedtime.  He now knows this prayer well and likes to say it along with me. 

"Dear God, 
Thank you for this good day. 
Please help tomorrow to be a good day. 
Please watch over Uncle Miles. 
Amen."

My heart swelled as I listened to Kenyon whisper. 

"Dear God.  
Good day. 
Good day. 
Uncle Miles.
Amen."

It startled him a bit when I asked him what he was doing.  He simply shook his head and replied.  "Oh, nothing.  Just practicing."  

I love this kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.