Monday, December 15, 2014

Oh, Snap

You may have wondered why I haven't been posting much lately.  This would be the reason why:

Snap tests.  

Do you like my super-duper high tech laboratory I have set up in my utility room?  And by super-duper high tech I mean I shut the lid on the washing machine.  I have to test our new cattle we get in every week, and  now I also test a neighbor's as well.  It keeps me fairly busy for 2-3 hour chunks at a time.  During these testing periods I get to yell things to my assistant like, "Do NOT stick the pipette in the dog's eye!" or "Put down the ear notch!" or "Do NOT hit and shake Mommy's washing machine!"  We're pretty fun here, let me tell you.  Also, you might have to question my sanity more often than normal in the upcoming months, if I continue to test cattle at this pace.  

Snapping these 'snap tests' (and thus the title) seems to occur in a rather rhythmic fashion.  My ear-worm of choice?  The Ants Go Marching.  I can fill my entire washing machine lid with completed tests in the time it takes me to sing 'ten by ten'.  It takes me two washer-tops full to finish a batch of tests.  Therefore..... we sing about ants a lot.  Poor Kenyon knows all about ants and their antics.  

Another reason why I haven't posted often (not that you care, but if you've hung with me this long, what's another few sentences?  You obviously don't have much better to do with your time.).  
There happens to be a silent alarm located somewhere on my office chair.  Every time I sit down to write my son knows and wakes up from his nap within two minutes.  It has taken me four days to write these few measly paragraphs.  

So, what started out as a happy, end-of-the-week, TGIF story turned into a ohmygoodnesswheredidtheweekendgo? sort of post.  Thanks for hanging in there folks.  Maybe next time it will be a better post.  Maybe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.