Thursday, July 24, 2014

County Fair Time

Tonight is the beginning of our county fair.  I love this time of year.  Grandma Curry perfectly captured the essence of the county fair with her lovely little recap.....

"I remember all those years of getting ready and going to the fair.  I hated my husband, Stanley, and he hated me.  I hated our kids and the kids hated me.  Stanley hated the kids and the kids hated Stanley.  We were hot, tired, sleep deprived.  We stayed up all night to finish projects.  Mom and Dad were the most stupid people on earth and couldn't help with projects because they obviously didn't know anything.  Stanley and I threatened each other with divorce nonstop.  By the time fair ended and Monday night rolled around we were all so exhausted but we couldn't wait for next year!"

There you have it folks.  Fair: A special kind of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.