Sunday, September 23, 2018

Prescription for Play

In the evenings after the children go to bed, often my husband and I sit in our chairs and read.  He reads articles about cattle while I peruse the parenting genre.  We then share the highlights of interesting articles with each other.  

One article that really stood out to me pertained to playtime in children.  It would seem that many children do not spend enough time playing outside and therefore their pediatricians are writing them 'prescriptions for play'.  I'm fairly certain that we won't be needing such a prescription any time soon.  

I took these photos a few weeks ago during a quiet, cloudy Saturday afternoon.  We packed sandwiches and a bag of grapes for lunch and let the kids play near a spring.  The water was incredibly cold but no one seemed to mind - least of all Kathryn.  I purposefully did not pack her a swimming suit, knowing very well that the water would be too cold for her liking.  On the contrary, she was the bravest kid that never ever wanted to leave! 









 



Kenyon loved drinking out of the natural spring.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.